Frequently Asked Questions
How do I go about bringing an event to glór?
glór is happy to consider hires, splits and guarantees. We also offer a community hire rate. As each event varies in terms of requirements, simply contact us to discuss these in more detail and we will bring you through availability, rates etc. specific to your proposed event.
Our Director, Orla Flanagan, handles all queries for shows, workshops, conferences, launches, meetings etc. Contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org or 065 68 45370.
Our Gallery Manager, Sinéad, handles all queries for exhibitions. Contact her on email@example.com or 065 6845370.
How can I support glór apart from buying tickets?
- We are delighted to offer membership schemes for both individual and corporate customers, offering you a chance to play a part in glór’s future and avail of some excellent benefits. For more information please click here.
How can I get my company name on the signs in the glór foyer?
- The prominent signs in the foyer display the names of glór corporate members. For more information please click here.
What is the cost difference between booking tickets over the phone / face to face / online?
- All tickets booked in person or by phone with our box office incur no additional charge. For tickets booked online, a €3 fee applies per transaction, irrespective of how many tickets are being purchased.
If I cannot make an event what is your returns policy?
- Tickets may be returned up to 3pm on the day before the event, on production of the physical ticket. A returns fee of €1.50 per ticket applies.
If an event is cancelled at short notice what happens to those who have already purchased tickets?
- In the unlikely situation that an event is cancelled, every effort is made to contact all ticket holders to arrange a refund, credit or appropriate transfer of their tickets.
If I am having issues booking online how should I proceed / log these?
- Our online ticketing is handled by a reputable third party supplier. In the unlikely event that you are having issues with the system, please call box office on 065 6843103 to advise of the issue and to complete your booking. Please note that there are currently known issues with the online booking when using devices that don't support Flash Player. Our ticketing partner is working to overcome these.
If I book online or by phone how do I get my tickets?
- You can opt to have your tickets held at glór box office until the event in question. Alternatively, you can choose to have your tickets posted to you, at a cost of €1.05, regardless of location or number of tickets purchased.
What are the technical details for the theatre?
- You can view all technical details by clicking here.
How can I contact glór?
- Full details on how to contact glór are available by clicking here.
What are your opening hours?
- Full information on our opening hours can be found by clicking here.
Where is glór located?
- Our address, GPS coordinates and an interactive map can be found by clicking here. If you require more detailed information or directions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Do you have parking on site?
- There is a metered Car Park, boasting 90 spaces, adjacent to glór (one hour free parking), for the benefit of all patrons, open 24 hours a day, courtesy of Ennis Town Council. Parking tickets are required during the hours of 9am to 6pm.
What is your capacity?
- glór boasts an auditorium with a capacity of 485, a studio space that can cater for up to 60 people and the ‘Red Room’, an additional space popular for private meetings, workshops and training sessions, that can cater for 15-20 people, depending on the format.
What is your seating configuration?
Rows A to F inclusive are on the flat section of the auditorium.
Rows G to L inclusive are tiered, and the seating is accessed via steps.
Rows M and N are in the balcony.
Our seating plan can be viewed by clicking here.
Do you take students for placements/work experience?
- We are happy to accommodate students where possible. We encourage the student to contact us directly in writing, by letter or email, stating clearly the duration of the placement/work experience sought, the dates involved, any specific areas of interest and other relevant information. Please be aware that given the nature of our business, each request is looked at individually with the above information to hand and not all requests can be accommodated
Do you have backstage tours?
We are happy to offer backstage tours by prior arrangement, where programming of the building allows. These are particularly suited, but not in any way limited to, school groups. There is no charge involved.
How do I go about getting complimentary tickets for my fundraising event?
- For more information, please click here.
What is the back story of the ‘ears’ in the foyer?
- The large installations on the foyer walls, and on the stairwell to the gallery, are by the artist Remco de Fouw. Created especially for glór and titled ‘Sound Seeds’, these incorporate bronze castings of the ears of both staff and members of the public, these are designed to suggest dials mounted between brass ‘frets’ in the large curved hollow wooden ‘box’.
What is your procurement policy?
- glór endeavours to source the most competitve rate for each service or purchase, seeking multiple quotes where appropriate. We periodically review the pricing of ongoing services to ensure that we receive the best value for money available.