An invocation to all of us to love as hard as we can, and live even harder, I Found My Tribe is an urgent and uplifting letter to a husband, family, friends, the natural world and the brightness of life by a wonderful writer.
'One of the year’s most arresting, humbling and acute memoirs. It is a catch-in-the-throat, life-affirming work that you want to gulp down in one and recommend to all your friends. Fitzmaurice tells her story in sparkling prose that is as sinewy as her new sea-strengthened body, and as admirable and boundless as her spirit.' - Sunday Times
Between Friday December 1st 2017 and Friday 5th January 2018 inclusive, book these 5 events for just €55:
- Book Club Favourite - Ruth Fitzmaurice – I Found My Tribe - in conversation with Mick Heaney, Fri 2nd March, 4pm
- Crime Night with Liz Nugent, Julie Parsons & Andrea Carter – chaired by Clare FM’s Gavin Grace, Fri 2nd March, 8pm
- 10 Books You Should Read - Jane Urquhart & Carlo Gebler chaired by Katy Hayes, Sat 3rd March, 11.30am
- Rick O’Shea Book Club Special with John Connolly & Screenings, Sat 3rd March, 3.30pm
- A tribute to Sebastian Barry with Sean Rocks and special guests, Sat 3rd March, 8pm
To avail of this offer, tickets must be booked in person with glór, or by phone on 065 6843103. Not available online.